Horses have one of the best kinds of hairs in the animal kingdom (which is why shampoo brands are often named after them!). If you’re new to taking care of horses, you should know that they need a lot of grooming time and for that to happen, you’ll need a quality horse grooming kit.
Whether you’re a beginner or an expert with horses, you will need tools to get the job done. Different parts of the horse require various brush types, which a single kit can deliver.
- 1 Best Horse Grooming Kit Reviews
- 1.1 1. Weaver Leather Grooming Kit
- 1.2 2. Equestria 8-Piece Grooming Set
- 1.3 3. Harrison Howard Horse Grooming Kit 9-Piece Equine Care Series
- 1.4 4. Oster Equine Care Series 7-Piece Grooming Kit
- 1.5 5. Tough 1 Great Grip Grooming Package
- 1.6 6. HORZE Deluxe 7 Piece Grooming Set in a Black Bag
- 1.7 7. Tough-1 Great Grips 6 Piece Brush Set
- 1.8 8. Yosoo Horse Grooming Kit
- 2 Things to Considered Before Buying
- 3 Conclusion
Best Horse Grooming Kit Reviews
Here are our top picks for the best horse grooming kit:
1. Weaver Leather Grooming Kit
The Weaver Leather Grooming Kit is a good starter set for those who are just into raising horses. This one has 7 pieces with various grooming essentials for their equestrian friend and they all fit into one durable nylon tote bag.
The set includes a face brush, a coarse curry, a sweat scraper, and coarse curry combo, a mane and tail brush, a long comb, a dandy brush, and a hoof pick. We like that the bag has a drawstring closure that protects all of your equipment in one place without the use of zippers for convenience.
In addition to that, this horse grooming kit has a padded shoulder strap on the bag that is adjustable depending on the wearer’s needs. Moreover, it has webbing handles that are easy to pick up for travel and ease of carrying. Likewise, we also saw that it has added storage due to the 6 interior pockets, which you can use for other smaller items, such as vitamins or dewormers, to keep everything organized inside the bag.
- Has 6 pockets
- Has 7 pieces of grooming tools
- Made with durable nylon
- Easy to carry due to the webbing handles
- Adjustable padded shoulder strap
- The hoof pick is not that durable
- The tail brush is slightly prone to breakage
2. Equestria 8-Piece Grooming Set
If you want more grooming tools for your horse then you will like the Equestria 8 Piece Grooming Set. This horse grooming kit includes a hoof pick, brushes in soft and hard bristles, a mane and tail brush and comb, as well as a tool for swishing off water from a wet horse.
You will like this set if you prefer a brightly-colored one that is quick to spot off the field. We found out that each of the brushes has a sturdy feel to them and they are easy to grip. Because the inside of the bag is quite spacious, you can also place other things in there, such as helmets and the like.
Adding to that, it has a foldable design for the bag that makes storage a breeze for the owner or the caretaker of the horse. It is also ideal for families with kids that have ponies in their backyard as a starter grooming kit.
- Ideal for beginners
- Comes with many brushes
- Easy to grip
- Spacious bag size
- Doesn’t have a curry comb
- Minor shipping issues
3. Harrison Howard Horse Grooming Kit 9-Piece Equine Care Series
A much bigger collection we’d like to suggest is the Harrison Howard Horse Grooming Kit 9-Piece Equine Care Series. This horse grooming kit includes a soft face brush for delicate areas, a coarse curry for massaging, a finishing brush made of synthetic material, a sweat scraper for excess water, a mane and tail brush for removing loose hair, and a collapsible bucket for keeping all the tools inside.
Moreover, it also has a long tail comb, as well as a massage glove with medium-hard rubber teeth, and a hoof pick with a comfortable rubber handle. The finishing brush has two sizes: small and big, for different needs.
Because the bucket has a durable yet comfortable design, it is ideal for travel and large stables or fields. We like that most of its tools have a rubber grip and an ergonomic handle so it will be easy to hold for sweaty hands or if you’re wearing gloves.
- Has comfortable rubber grips
- Many tools included
- Has a multipurpose bucket
- The bucket is collapsible
- Color-coded design
- Not ideal for folks who prefer a bag for travel
- Slightly pricier than other kits
4. Oster Equine Care Series 7-Piece Grooming Kit
The Oster Equine Care Series 7-Piece Grooming Kit is yet another great choice for beginners due to its sufficient amount of tools. Including a brush, a curry comb, a mane and tail brush, and a hoof pick, this horse grooming kit is ideal for whole-body cleaning and maintenance.
Because of its rubber control-touch handles, it will be a breeze to hold them and it will be comfortable for beginners and kids to use the brushes and tools for their horse. We also like that you can choose between blue or pink for the set – a plus point if you want to give it as a gift to your children.
In addition to that, it has a blue storage bag that keeps everything in place. We like that the bag has divisions and specific areas with a slot for the different tools. This would help a lot during travels to avoid the tools getting bumped into each other. The bag has a durable feel and an adjustable shoulder strap as well.
- Available in two colors
- Has the basic brushes and tools
- Comes in a convenient bag
- The bag has compartments and divisions
- Has rubberized grip handles
- Doesn’t come with a sweat scraper
- Cleaning the bristles from mud can be a challenge
5. Tough 1 Great Grip Grooming Package
If you want an 8-piece horse grooming kit, you will like the Tough 1 Great Grip Grooming Package. We like that this one has 6 different color-coded choices, such as purple, pink, red, neon green, green, and blue, so it is a good gift option for kids and horse-lovers.
This one is made up of 7 grooming items plus a nylon tote that’s durable for travel use. Among the included tools in this horse grooming kit is a stiff brush, a hoof pick, a curry, a finishing brush, a tail and mane brush, a sweat scraper, and a comb, all of which are color-coded.
We noticed that the bag has different compartments to put each tool in. This will help in keeping all of your horse cleaning items organized, especially if you are taking care of many horses. Because this set is made with nylon brushes, it is less expensive than natural brushes and would be just fine for beginner equestrians.
- Great for beginners
- Has a wide range of tools
- Comes with a sweat scraper
- Different bag compartments
- Less expensive than most kits
- The brushes are hollow in construction
- The bottom of the tote could be constructed better
6. HORZE Deluxe 7 Piece Grooming Set in a Black Bag
We also liked the HORZE Deluxe 7 Piece Grooming Set in a Black Bag, which is also a worth-mentioning horse grooming kit. This set contains an assortment of tools, such as 3 bristle brushes, in which one of them has a hard texture. It also comes with a vent-style brush that has a long handle, as well as a pocket-type glove and a de-shedding cloth.
All of these grooming tools are neatly packed into a black tote bag that is tear-resistant and is quite roomy. We like that the tote bag has lots of pockets inside.
In addition to that, all of the tools have a wood handle so they are easier to grip than standard plastic tools. The wood construction also adds more durability as well as eco-friendliness. If you want to give an equestrian gift to someone, this is a good choice due to the fancy-looking design and the feel of the wooden tools.
- Has wooden handles
- Comes with a tote bag
- Durable bag
- The design makes it a great gift
- Doesn’t come with a sweat remover
- Minor packaging issues
7. Tough-1 Great Grips 6 Piece Brush Set
Another considerable option for beginners is the Tough-1 Great Grips 6 Piece Brush Set, which is a horse grooming kit with two different color coding schemes: black and pink. This makes it ideal as a Christmas gift for your kids, relatives, or a horse lover.
This one has a tote bag with multiple pockets so you can place all of your accessories outside conveniently and provide easy access when you need them. The set includes a tail and mane brush, a hoof pick, a sweat scraper, a comb, a flex finishing brush, and a stiff bristle brush. These are all made with ergonomic handles so you won’t feel slippery when handling them
Aside from that, the tote bag has a zippered lid to protect the inner contents from the elements. Due to the inside space of the tote bag, it will also fit a helmet or similar horse gear so it is ideal for traveling.
- Comes with a tote bag
- Includes a sweat scraper
- Has ergonomic handles
- Spacious tote bag
- Minor packaging issues
- The brushes can be a bit stiffer compared to others
8. Yosoo Horse Grooming Kit
The Yosoo Horse Grooming Kit is a simple set for those who are new to being an equestrian. This horse grooming kit has a total of 10 pieces, which include a sweat scraper, hoof pick, 5 brushes, 2 combs, and an itching tool. In addition to that, each of these tools is made with a portable design so they are travel-friendly and won’t be bulky in your bag.
We like that the materials of the cleaning tools are an assortment or combination of silicone and wood so they are not entirely plastic. Silicone grips are great for sweat-free combing and brushing, especially when you’re handling them using gloves.
The two combs included are a long handle comb made of metal, as well as a straight metal comb. For kids who are new to attending to horses, this makes a great gift due to the small sizes of the tools, which are more suitable for children to grasp.
- Ideal for kids and beginners
- Comes with a sweat scraper
- Has a portable design
- With an ergonomic grip
- Has a metal comb
- Doesn’t come with a bag
- Might be too small for adults
Things to Considered Before Buying
Cleaning and maintaining your horse is just as important as feeding them. Here are the things to look for when you want to choose the best horse grooming kit:
- Number of grooming items included. Usually, a horse grooming kit will have 6 to 9 pieces inside, which may include several brushes for the face, combs for the hair, and the like. Some may include sweat scrapers to remove excess water after bath time.
- Who will use the grooming kit? If you want to give the kit as a gift on Christmas or any occasion to kids, it’s best that the packaging looks presentable and colorful.
- Durability of the tools. Consider a horse grooming kit with durable tools, or at the very least usable with proper care.
- Included storage option. Many horse grooming kits in the market come with a tote bag, which usually fits many other horse supplies inside. Some may even fit a helmet for the rider.
- Ease of use. Consider having a horse grooming kit with ergonomic grips for each of the tools to avoid accidents when using.
In the long run, investing in quality tools for grooming your horse will have your equestrian friend thank you eventually. They will not only have more confidence but it will be less of a hassle if you brush them with the right tools to avoid your horse acting weird. We hope you liked our picks for the best horse grooming kit!